Monday, June 2, 2008

Almost summer!

Almost summer time!
It's already been 2 months since graduating Animation Mentor! The time has both flown and crawled by.
On the good side, I have actually been taking weekends off, and have seen alot more of my family and friends than during the 18 months of Animation Mentor where I pretty much just took half a Sunday off. I also picked up a little bit of my old freelance work to pay the bills, but mostly I've been trying to work on more animation tests. Oh, and whole lot of waiting. =)
Job searching is never fun, but I'm in a pretty good mood about it. I remember graduating from college as an illustrator and how uptight I was about finding a job. I had alot of close calls, but my first big illustrator job didn't happen for me until almost a year after I graduated. After that first break things were ok. I guess I now know that things don't always happen right away. Sure, I am frustrated at times, but it's almost like a planned frustration.... meaning I knew it was going to happen. I joke with my siblings that I am a professional bum =).
I already had my first close call. I got a call from a cool studio a few weeks ago and they were interested in my work. Logistically it didn't end up working for them because they needed someone to start ASAP, and I was on the other side of the country. It was encouraging, though.
I can't wait to see Kung Fu Panda! It looks like it could be really good. I think this is going to be a great year for animated movies.
So I am just working on another reel, visiting people on the weekends, ... and waiting. =)

No comments: