Saturday, March 21, 2009

Time flies...

Time flies, or so they say, but I've never felt it go by as swiftly as it is now.
It seems like a week ago that I got the news that Tippett was hiring me. Since then time has been sprinting forward at an incredible pace, and I am determined to enjoy it while it lasts.
It is strange to be starting over again career wise. It seems just when I was getting comfortable with my Illustration/ Flash work I decided to go switch it up. It's all about following your heart.
I love it at Tippett. It's one of those places that has a really good vibe to it. It's a happy place, and I feel very much at home there.
I love being an animator. I think that's why time seems to be in fast forward because I am having so much fun. I really love it! I feel like I am back in school again because I am learning so much everyday. Every new shot is a challenge and an opportunity to grow, and I am so very thankful for this experience. I remember a mentor of mine, Nick Bruno, saying that you work hard in school to try and get your foot in the door. Once you get your foot in the door the real learning begins. He was so right. There have been bumps (lets just say I am no longer worried about embarrassing myself because I already checked that off my list) but I am saying truly that I am happy. Happy to be doing what I love, happy to meet so many new friends, and happy to be learning from people I truly respect.
Outside of work has been pretty awesome too. A couple of weeks ago I had lunch with a mentor of mine who works just a short distance away. It was very nice to be able to talk to him and I only regret that my lunch break has a time limit.
I bought a used bike for cheap and have been biking to work, and on the weekend I've been dragon boating. My body is in shock from the sudden burst of exercise, but over the last week it has forgiven me and I am feeling better already. I've neglected so much while studying, and it's a nice change to get out again. Balance is good, but it's sometimes easy to forget that. :)

3 comments:

Henry said...

im glad your experiences are ok !! <3 ur blogg , cant wait to write experiences of my own

ArrggghhhhJOHN said...

Hey Sue... I'm delighted to hear you are doing so well. Working at Tippett, wow, that sounds great. I wish you all the best and that we will continue to hear such positive postings to your blog in the future..

Jocelyn Cofer said...

Hey Sue,

Congrats on getting into Tippet! It sounds like your truly having a blast there! It's awesome to here how right things are for you. I think that's what happens when you do what you love. It's sad that so many people don't see that and end up going to jobs that they hate simply to make money. I'm glad you're having a great time! =D