Sunday, April 15, 2007

2 beats!


I got my first critique from my mentor Michal this week. It basically came down to my planned shot wasn't showing enough contrast between the two beats that the character is supposed to show. I really liked my origianl idea, but I knew he was right. I re-taped my reference to hopefuly show two distinct beats, and I'm really glad I did. Michal was nice enough to take the time to help me through it. I'm really liking him as a mentor. It is a much simpler concept (really happy to really angry) but I think this animation is going to be challenging. It already has been! It took a long time to block this out, but I am happy with it so far. I went through so many contrasting emotions myself this week, so it's good to end on an upbeat =)

Tomorrow I'll be volunteering at the Boston Marathon. I'll be setting up cups of water and handing them out. It's supposed to rain pretty bad tomorrow, but it should still be a blast!

No comments: